9.12.09

Who'm I kidding?

Okay, let's be real. Perhaps this place needs an overhaul, and Knife will really come in handy for that.

But tonight as I was cycling home from work, balancing the bags of groceries on either of Mechteld's handlebars, and I passed not one, but TWO Christmas tree stands within one block of each other, I thought to myself, "what is WITH this place that will accept a grocery store monopoly (one kind of milk, one kind of bread, one kind of butter, etc.) but needs TWO Christmas tree stands within one block of each other?"

I am long, long beyond looking for logic in this madness, but I am not going to deny myself my outlet for dealing with it.

An Aperture-aided overhaul may be in the offing, and posts may be more sparse, but I'll be back, eventually. Eventually.

p.s. Life is funny. My neighbor is a mid-career Hungarian police officer, so former Eastern bloc, buff, gruff, tuff, etc. And he totally blow dries his hair. One must treasure the *positive* aspects of straw-and-dung insulation between apartments . . . and one of them is knowing hilarious things - read: far too much - about your neighbors.

No comments: